Refashioned Blouse

It’s been a while since I posted anything. Although I’ve been really busy, I haven’t taken any time to show you what I’ve been working on. I found a blouse at a thrift store a few weeks ago. It’s been sitting on the anger against the door because I have to wait on the materials to complete it. This is how it looked when I bought it. 

 The shirred bottom looked dated so I took it off. I could picture black chiffon or maybe even a blue chiffon on the bottom but black was found first. Hobby Lobby had just enough in the clearance bin for me to finish the shirt. This is what I came up with. 
 As always, The picture doesn’t do the shirt any justice. One day I’m going to figure out how to take some professional looking pictures so you can really appreciated the way that I see it. Until then…

Advertisements

Back to School!

It’s that time of year again!  Most people would not be excited but I am so ready to get back to work.  Not only am I starting at a new location, But I also get a new group of people to view my finished projects.  Those of you that sew know exactly what I mean.  The amazement they get is addictive.

I completed two projects to start off.  The first is this messenger bag. 

  
I loved it the last time I made it so I made it again.  The pattern used was McCall’s M6410. It took a couple movies to finish. If it weren’t for the movies, I probably would’ve finished sooner. 

The other bag that I made was this Auburn Tigers book bag. 

  
This was a very simple bag to make.  I used McCall’s 7207. I made it slightly more complicated because I decided to put clear vinyl on the flap which will protect it from getting dirty.  Instead of using 1 inch webbing, I made 1 inch bias tape using denim and the orange cotton fabric. Are you going to tell him the picture, I am ordered my nephews name on it.  And last but not least, I added a lining  because the pattern did not call for a while and I think it’s best when lining. 

Now on to a more difficult project, pants! 

Shimmering in Zebra

It seems like one event brings another and another. In this case it was a wedding. I went to the first wedding in the season of weddings and I felt shhhnazzy. I am pretty sure I stood out. Love it!   I found a shimmery zebra jersey knit and saved it for the perfect time.  This was as perfect as any. The pattern was custom.  The back looks very much like the front.   (Sorry the pic is so dark) 

We tried to search for the right jewelry but had no success so I made my iwn from the same fabric. It consist of a braid, a twist, and leather cord.    

Cape/Coat

Ahhhhh! (scream of joy) I finally made this cape from a pattern I bought months ago. Everything was bought in pieces but they finally came together.

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/032/21975332/files/2014/12/img_1827.jpg

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/032/21975332/files/2014/12/img_1826.jpg

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/032/21975332/files/2014/12/img_1828.jpg
The pattern used was Simplicity 1281. It looks better than expected because I thought I would look like a old sofa. The tape used was 1in. satin quilt binding because I couldn’t find 1/2 faux leather binding. Well, I could find it but didn’t want to wait for shipping. I would’ve slid the pattern to the back of the stash and never make it. Good thing I’m impatient.